Sunday 31 July 2016

Chaos Rising

DCC #89: Chaos Rising is written by Daniel J. Bishop, Jobe Bittman, Michael Curtis, Terry Olson, and Harley Stroh, and published by Goodman Games. This adventure was part of the 4th Printing kickstarter for the core rules, and compiles seven hard-to-obtain previously publishes adventures:
  • Elzemon and the Blood-Drinking Box
  • The Imperishable Sorceress
  • Glipkerio’s Gambit
  • The Tower Out of Time
  • The Jeweler That Dealt in Stardust
  • The Undulating Corruption
  • The Infernal Crucible of Sezrekan the Mad
At the time of this writing, I have not received contributor copy of this compilation, although I do own all of these adventures in their initial appearances.

When I have this in my hands, I will update this entry.

(To be clear, this isn't the fault of Goodman Games; I suggested that they wait until they had other materials to send, like the items releasing at GenCon 2016, to save postage.)

2 comments:

  1. FYI all but "The Infernal Crucible of Sezrekan the Mad" are on RPGNow either as single purchases, or as part of a GenCon program guide. The program guides frequently contains other interesting things (multiple adventures), although some of the things are previews of products that are now out. If you don't happen to own the products the previews may still be interesting.

    I expect that getting the "Chaos Rising bundle" will cost less (because the GenCon programs are moderately spendy), but if anyone is in a great hurry for any of the adventures (except Sezrekan) it is something you can get done today (assuming you can deal with running adventures from a PDF, which I normally prefer as it is easier for me to put my notes and such in, but other folks like print more for whatever reason and that's cool too...except in this case these things are really hard to get in print right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are! Until I have a copy in my hands, though, I can't make sure that there are no changes to the adventures or the art.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.